Tuesday, December 04, 2007

I wish I had a river I could skate away on.....

I sit here in the dark - with only the light of my screen to guide my thoughts and fingers. It's almost midnight and I can't fall asleep. I was hoping to get some good if not great, rest - so that I could kick this cold.
But as I lie in my bed....err..well - if you can call it that (I am currently on a deluxe inflatable mattress - emphasis on the word, deluxe) my mind starts to turn, and thoughts turn other thoughts that turn other thoughts. Like a clock tower whose weighty wheels never rest as it keeps time through the night for some snow covered village.
These wheels that turn in my head that are robbing me of sleep, are ones concerned with life situations that I currently find myself in, and are one's that probably keep most people awake....they are those revolving around work, $, relationships and what I should do with my hair come my next cut.
This would be the moment I would join the Christmas tree. With its warm lights all aglow I would snuggle into a heavy comforter on a nearby couch. Music for the season would softly take me away and soon enough I would be in a land where sugarplums dance and fairies gently laugh.
noel....noel....I may need to go get that Christmas tree after all......

No comments:

Post a Comment