Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Yes Officer?

"Good evening, Officer."

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

"Because I was going over 60?"

"66."

"Oh."

"The speed limit is 50."

"Oh. Really? I didn't know" (What?! I didn't! Although I probably should have - I drive this canyon so regularly)

"Yeah, a lot of people say that - there aren't very many signs along this road either. Where are you going and where are you coming from? You seem to be in a hurry tonight"

"Yes sir, I am working on a project in Park City and needed to come down to my apartment/office to take care of a few things then head back up."

"Do you normally speed?"

"5 to 7 over the speed limit - or with the flow of traffic..."

"Well, at least your honest. License, insurance and registration please."

[as I wait and wait I organize the papers in my car while the blinding lights continue to flash]

"What are you - a contractor?"

"A landscape designer. This is my project I am working on. [conveniently pull out master plan] There is going to be a wedding on site this Saturday - they are going to get married in this gazebo...right here...and there is still a lot to do."

"I need some work done on my backyard...well, I am not going to give you a ticket. Although for 16 over you deserve a ticket."

"Yes, sir."

"Drive safe - there's wildlife in this canyon - and you don't want to hit it, especially going 16 over and in the dark."

"Yes, sir. Thank you. Have a good night officer."

3 comments:

  1. Whew! You lucky duck. You charmed him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorien, Lorien. I'm glad you escaped. Drive safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky Duck!!! Ha ha! THat's great...

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete