Tuesday, July 08, 2008

An Old Client

So I am sitting here in the middle of the dirt on one of my projects in PC. It is now too dark to work...so I shall be heading for the shower soon. Thank goodness.

While I was working on my project I received an email via my blackberry from an old client...over two years ago.

He emailed me some pictures of his backyard - now that it has had a couple of years to feel at home.

This plan is what the design was based off of.....

Yikes!

And this was the result (these pictures were taken by the client):




It was my first time ever placing plants on site myself and working with a landscape contractor and his crew - telling him to move the tree just 5 more inches to the left...wait! A little to the right now - there - good.

I was super nervous about this job when all was said and done - and wasn't sure how I had done. I have come a ways and still have a long ways to go....but I love it.

And it's great when a client calls up years later to thank you for creating a beautiful space for them to live in - because some days I just really wonder what in the world am I doing?

It's moments like these that make it all worth it.



:)

3 comments:

  1. Do you think I can make my hill look like theirs? Hee hee.

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that comment was made by....Sally! Bethany had been using my computer again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would hire you. In fact, when I get back to Utah this fall, I might need some professional help getting my yard back. I'm scared. I have no idea what it looks like right now....

    ReplyDelete