Saturday, October 26, 2013

I was probably the only person walking past Leicester (pronounced Lester) Square and Chinatown with two bags of groceries in my hands. Everyone else was either in front of a camera, behind a camera, at bar or restaurant or wearing a miniskirt heading to the club...basically having a Saturday night out. I was buying groceries and being busy at home writing a paper that's due Monday.

How mundane for a weekend night in London!

This past week was half-term - so no school. However, I was at the school EVERY SINGLE DAY working on my project that is also due Monday. Some people in the class had it done before the break started, others got it done early on in the week or part way through. Some were there until the end like I was and it was only today that I finished it! Except, now that I think about it - I have a few things to write...but it's just a sentence here and there. No big deal.

It's okay that my "free" week wasn't free. I wanted to explore the process rather than just get the assignment done...so more work for me. Yeahhh.......trailing off.

So I have good news. There are four rooms in this flat - three decent sized rooms (quite large for around here) and then there is my room. The baby bear of the bunch. The other day Tanvir, my flatmate and also owner of this flat, told me that they weren't going to worry about finding a 4th flatmate for now and that if I ever needed to use the table in the spare room for my projects I could!!! I went into the room to check it out and the table is big! Big enough to easily fit a plan that I would be working on! I am so happy about this! He told me I could use that room anytime for reading or studying or whatever. How awesome is that. (I think he feels bad about me being holed in this room when I do school work). And it looks out over Shaftesbury Avenue...pop some popcorn and pull up a chair. People watching out that window...

Other good news. I found a new artist that I really like! I have just posted some of her work on the right hand side where Michael Honnor's art work used to be. So enjoy that!

Another thing that makes me happy is this image that my sister took at Rivendell today! Ah! I love it! It is now the wallpaper on my phone.


I will be happy to be going to bed very soon. I still have 500 words to write that I really wanted to get done today, but my head is going to roll.

Last happy happy of the day (no I didn't type too many happys there) is that I live in London and I love it here and I feel so at home here. Even if I am stressed or tired, or if  my makeup isn't working (today) or my hair is hopeless (today) or my face is bleh (today) I am always happy. I laugh all the time when I see what I am surrounded by. These city streets bring me delight!

Hope you are happy wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment