Monday, October 07, 2013

I Don't Even Want To Title This Post

Coming back to a blog after being gone for a very long time is part anticipation, part trepidation.

To start with the trepidation: I hate having a post where you say (we all have them), "Oh, I'll be better at posting from now on....Oh, it's been so long, sorry.....blah blah blah - I have read so many - "I haven't posted in so long" posts I pretty much just think they are (super) annoying...in fact, some blogs are just those posts, I swear.

...and yeah, I am annoyed right now at my own blog post for being one of these. Normally I would just want to carry on as if it doesn't matter that it's been since...whenever I posted last (definitely not this year - or last?) But whatever - lots has changed since I was a regular on here. So I need some kind of post to break the ice. Although I could be more clever about it.

To continue on with the anticipation: I am (I think I am) excited to be back writing freely...no agenda, no particular audience, no image to keep up. Just me and my bowl of wheaties. You see, I thought I had buried this blog. And that it would be a piece of my history that was meant to collect dust. I have a new blog now where I am sharing stories and such, but it has more of a professional tone, I do believe - so some things, which I would write here - or used to write here - I probably wouldn't write there. And so there is no where to put it.

I have a massive headache - even though I tried to cure it with a coke...it worked for a little while, but now it's back with a vengeance...maybe the little detail of not-having-eaten-dinner-yet should matter? Not overrated, dinner.

Okay so here's what's changed.

I live in London currently. Not Orem, not Salt Lake City.
I am studying for my Postgraduate Diploma in Garden Design from the Inchbald School of Design, though I still maintain my landscape design business (now landscape & garden design, hee hee) back in Utah.
I am 32 almost 33, not 31 or 30 or however old I was last time I was here.
I am pleased with my hair currently, although the limescale in the London water is crap. Although, I believe I am mostly always pleased with my hair - so that really hasn't changed.
What else...
I haven't been able to write for several years. Really, though. As I have tried, I physically have been unable to write. Which actually, has devastated me. But I feel, with this move across seas, I am coming back to myself and words are coming to me again.

So that's what's really changed. And this is why I am back.

I can write again.

*******

Hey Dawn, what's up? Wink, wink.

2 comments:

  1. You can write again! Love the format and your writing is as wonderful as ever.

    ReplyDelete