Monday, April 12, 2010

My Violin Maker


Last Friday I met the maker of my violin.

Such a neat experience.

The night before I had googled the name that was on the inside label and found that the maker had moved to SLC 5 years ago and lived just down the street!!!  What are the chances of that happening?  So I emailed him and the next day I was in his shop with his/my violin in hand.  He looked over it for a bit, played it a bit, and told me what I could sell it for.  It has been with me for 12 years and is a beautiful in color, tone and richness. 

On that note - if anyone knows of anyone who is looking for an upgrade - send them my way.

Oh - and I may be selling my banjo too - :I getting a price on that soon.

4 comments:

  1. Like I said, "A charmed life."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, wait! don't sell it! I think you would regret it. That would be sad...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be lovely if I didn't have to sell it, yes - but sometimes you gotta do what you don't wanna do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true. To quote Mary Poppins "Well, if I must, I must."

    ReplyDelete