Saturday, January 03, 2009

a blade of grass

A modern minimalist composer once said that he had a need to concentrate on each sound, so that every blade of grass would be as important as a flower. That a blade of grass has the status of a flower. To see in a phrase, something more than just the black and the white key.

I think that is a beautiful thought. I think there is something to be learned from this beautiful thought.




Avro Part of Estonia is this composer. Listen to Spiegel im Spiegel and you'll understand better the importance he places with each individual note.

More interesting thoughts from Part that I quite liked.

"I think sound is a very interesting phenomenon. People like and are so influenced by music. They don't know how strong the music influences us, good or bad. You can kill people with sound. And if you can kill, then you can also make a sound which is something opposite of killing. And the distance between these two points is very big. And you are free. You can choose. In art, everything is possible. But everything that is made, is not necessary."

"It is really so. My - this new style consists of two ways, two sides, so that one line is my sins, and another line is forgiveness for these sins. Mostly the music has two voices. One is more complicated and subjective. But another is very simple, clear and objective."

11 comments:

  1. I really like that. It seems like Avro has good thoughts. And because you like his thoughts, you must have good thoughts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um. I think you left out a very profound and important blog there on your list...perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. sound is really interesting phenomenon Lorflor,
    many of people can change their mood and get inspiration bacause of sound.
    I am glad to visit your blog again. your new blog really interesting. It is so hard to open your blog when you give me a comment many times ago..

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy valentine days Lorflor....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss your artistic, thoughtful, intelligent, clever posts. I hope you will be back soon! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm waiting for your latest entry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What has happened to our dear Lorien? This is hoping that you feel like bloggin' again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was a most beautiful thought. I think it's credit to you - treating blades of grass like flowers. A very lovely quality indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOOOORRRRRIIIEEEENNNN! Just checking in on you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm longing....longing for WHeaTieS for breakfast again. It's been five months. The champions are hungry. Post perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lorflor,,,missing to see ur post again ;)

    ReplyDelete