Thursday, January 01, 2009

01-01-2009

January 1st. All of the decorations are down. November and December have passed. The Holiday season is over.

And I am glad it's over. I won't even miss the eggnog - that for the first time in my life, made me feel rather ill every time I partook. I used to LOVE eggnog. I mean, I still do. But it lost much of it's charm this year due to stomach pains that seem to follow after almost every glass. Sigh.

I am glad that it's a new month. A new year. 2009. I'm a fan of odd numbers, which is encouraging. Although, I am recently not a fan of New Year's Resolutions. I decided not to make any this year. It's just another reminder of everything I didn't get done last year and of everything I won't do all year long. Sounds pessimistic, sure. But I'd rather just do things, get things done...I'll still read books, go on trips, work, eat healthy, take up music lessons, exercise, lose 5lbs....you know - all those things that are normally on a list? But this year I am saving myself the guilt of feeling bad when or if I don't make a check mark next to a perfectly square box.

I'll just take some not-so-perfect triangles.

3 comments:

  1. happu new year Lorflor, may happiness always follow you and your family. Do a greates resolution in this year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, your grandfather Leon carved those totem polls of California redwood. Nice pics of the "live" totems as well.

    RLH

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I'm not the eggnog fan I used to be. I really could do without it on the holidays and be just fine. It's tradition though and so I don't know if everyone is ready to let it go.

    ReplyDelete