Friday, January 02, 2009

The Lake District: a venture to be had.

There are so many places I would like to see and experience. Travel is a wonderful part of life that captures my wandering attention. One of the places that I hope to travel to in my lifetime is the Lake District. It seems so picturesque...and green. Just once. Thank you freephoto.com for the pic!


I would like to cross this bridge...



...set down a blanket in the tufted grass along this shoreline and converse...or just observe and let my thoughts rest. Maybe write. Or sketch.



Walk the fields until I come to this wall, pass through the opening and continue to walk. Fantastic wall!



And every once-in-a-while, venture to a certain point where the scene is quite panoramic and soul-satisfying.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say that I wish I had the opportunity to travel as you do! Maybe when I am old...but not too old because I want to walk and wander and look and enjoy. Maybe when I am old I will call and ask you for advice on where I should go first. I hope to go to a lot of places!

    ReplyDelete