Saturday, September 20, 2008

Minuteless Time

"What time is it?"

"That doesn't matter."

***************************************************************************************

There are certain moments in life where all clocks and watches should be banned - and the numbers on the clock face should simply fall to the floor in true September fashion.

Today I had one of those moments. They are usually very simple experiences...but I think that is why I am so attracted to them...the simplicity of it all.

I keep a pair of rollerblades in my trunk. No - that does not mean I am an avid or even skilled rollerblader. But the bike tires were a bit flat, and it was then that I remembered that roller blading adjacent to the river can be just as pleasant.

Rollerblading is a feel-good activity...like riding a bike leisurely, enjoying a picnic, or skipping rocks at the lake. All of which should be done with out a strict schedule to keep to. It should just happen - and when you are done...well, that's when you are done. I adore a day, or even just a moment, without the tic-toc of a second hand telling me what to do.

The weather was perfect. Warm. With pockets of coolness to remind me that it is indeed September and therefore Autumn. This is the time of year where each day must be appreciated and paid attention to. Valued. The leaves up the canyon tell me this everyday as they go from green to gold to red to orange...to then on the ground and eventually to be covered by white. But the white is still a ways off. So let's enjoy today. Let us enjoy now. It is so colorful. And it makes me smile.

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for remembering, I knew you wouldn't regret it! Great pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy to be in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great post.

    bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great thought and great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I am enjoying the warm sunshine in Florida right now, I really do LOVE Utah in the fall. Great post. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete