Monday, September 01, 2008

Notes from the PC showcase of homes

I like corridors with many large - broad openings, dark trim, dark wood, big mirrors, and free standing tubs. If I were to have a tv in my bedroom - it would be a drop down from the ceiling - other than that it just becomes a big, black hole. Funky lamps, fantastic artwork...so much depends on the artwork and the frames that house it. The color palette - ask me when I build, but I like color....can be an array of light hues to keep it free, but must have bold color splashed throughout. (Not the entire house needs light hues...I can go rich and deep in some areas yes). Windows, double sided fireplaces, I don't like home theaters, I like the color green, and adore an intriguing bed frame/head board. Details make all the difference, and I practically hate split level entries. The entrance to a home must be well-thought out and front doors are key. What you see right when you open the front door is also key - consider sculptures...mostly abstract I would think. The color eggplant, lockers in the mudroom, washer and drier in the master walk-in closet, one wide staircase, round tables...at least one in the house, and if you are going to have a hot tub - locate it right and sink it, either half-way or all the way. Outdoor living spaces - patios and the like. Covered decks. Terraces and courtyards incorporated into the home and a sleeping deck for those star-studded nights. Living on the green (golf course) - not appealing. One amazing light fixture/chandelier would be appreciated and something other than a flat ceiling for the main living area. Open areas, space - lots of natural light. All this while keeping it simple, clean lines, and good design .... interesting, attractive and original design.

8 comments:

  1. You and Jarred need to talk!! Everything that you wrote in your blog is exactly what he thinks too. I still need to take him to see rivendale so he can see your landscape job before it snows. Then in return I'll take you to see his parents house. I think you might like it. I miss you and we need to stay posted on each others lives. Love ya tons;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! You are gorgeous, I haven't seen you in to long! I peeked from Steph's new blog and I hope you don't mind but I am adding you to my list of places I peek! You look like you are doing really well and I am happy to hear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I have no idea how to decorate and just get bummed looking at the pathetic arrangement in each of the apartments we've lived in. If you're ever in Boise... :) Maybe if Andy makes the big bucks someday, I'll higher you to come decorate and arrange things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I drew just a complete blank and could only think of 2 spellings for hire: higher and hyer. It came to me a while later. :) How embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where have you gone Lorien? Tis time to blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. charity - that was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LorFlor,
    Hello? I am missing your blog...did you forget your password? Please come back. :-)
    much love,
    your very large and in charge cousin...

    ReplyDelete