Friday, September 26, 2008

Mantua I

We arrived mid-evening, and even before I got out of the the car Christian was in the backyard pulling out the target - stringing the bow, and gathering arrows.

Competition was inevitable.

Ready...Aim


Release!

Cameron played part of quiver...where is the quiver?

Christian came in first in both competitions...we won't say where I came in. Usain Bolt celebration.


Like I said...Christian came in first in both competitions. It's fantastically fun to watch him shoot.


Duke - he uh, broke his nose. He broke his nose himself - with his own knee as he was at his b-day party playing football with friends. Here we see him sporting his lovely nose-cast.


Getting ready...


...


...oh the anticipation...


Bethany's a pretty good shot herself.


Aaahhh!


Ooohh - yeah!


Let's get a closer look at her reaction. Must have been a good shot. So serious!


Uh - my turn....uh, no comment on my form...


Arrow away!


Must have been...a...an...interesting shot, yes.



At least they can't say that I can't hit the broadside of the barn.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this post and seeing you in action! You look just like the Lorien I know and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. That was great! Except for the face of victory that i was making....ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good story with a fabulous ending!

    ReplyDelete