Monday, November 28, 2011

Back at it

So I started exercising again today.  I always start shortly after Thanksgiving and go until....about....oh - end of April.  During this period design work is slow so I have more time than usual to include other activities into my life - like exercising.  I'll switch off between the streets of the Avenues and the gym and go 5-6 times a week.  Running, lifting, yoga, whatever really.  Cheers to this time of year!

I am thinking I should start practicing my violin or banjo or guitar everyday as well - just 15-30 minutes to keep the fingers loose you know.  Plus, it's probably good for my brain or something.

Other than that - I'll be dedicating more time to each painting I do for TLP so that I have more paintings like that of last week.  People liked that one and so did I.  Well, I like all of them.  It took me about 8.5+ hours to produce that little 6x6" square!  So next time you think original art is overpriced, think again!  (okay, some artists really do overprice their stuff, but you find that in any field).  I am realizing that being a painter is totally not lucrative - it's going to take that one lucky day when someone wealthy decides my art is worth buying, and because they buy it, other wealthy people figure they should too.  Until then, I'll keep practicing!

If I could ride a bright lemon-yellow bicycle right now, I gladly would.

8 comments:

  1. I've been drumming up an exercise pattern myself for the winter so that come gardening season my body is ready to go full tilt...

    There is a wave of people wanting original art. Your painting sales may surprise you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your painting this week, too. I love all of them. But last week's was quite amazing. You're amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now my goal is to become a rich person so I can buy your paintings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeap, I wish I didn't spend all my free time playing on a bicycle, and took time out for exercise.
    Yes, taking a bit time playing any string instrument is good for the fingers and soul.
    ditto on the bright lemon-yellow bicycle.
    MrDaveyGie

    I don't know why I can't post a comment using my google account?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to exercise for the body and the soul -

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha on the exercising Mr.DaveyGie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow, I played violin in high school. I wanted to play french horn but the nuns were grooming me for first chair because I had two aunts that had gone to the same school and went on to get master degrees in the music field. Those nuns told me I didn't have enough wind for a brass instument and oh yes, I did, I had three brothers at home that kept me yelling on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, we both played violin! I LOVE the french horn - LOVE.

    ReplyDelete