Thursday, March 25, 2010

Maybe

I haven't wanted to post in a while....I guess since February 09th.  I am always writing in my head - I post a lot there...but whenever the thought of sitting down to tap tap tap (tapioca everybody!) it out on the keyboard, I become like dredge.

DReDGe........blaaahhhhhh.

I am really tired of dark colors.  I walk into my closet and find a lot of cold blues, cold browns, cold greens, cold purples, cold blacks.....those are my staples and I want to throw them all out!

But then I would be like the emperor.  Although, I am sure being an emperor he could afford some new garb.

My blog template was a reflection of my wardrobe.  Dark.  Cold.  Deep.  Sometimes a bit too reflective.  You know what I mean?  It's like - okay already!  You've thought long enough!  It didn't make me happy anymore when I logged in to write something.

So I switched.  (But there's green and brown and blue in your template still!)

Ya ya.  But there are monsters!  And there's a heart, and birds, and stars.   And it doesn't feel gloomy.  That's the main point.  We'll see how long this template lasts - I might look for something a but sunnier.  But for now - I love it.  And I hope you love it too.  And that the little red devil reminds you that sometimes when we are not our best selves, it's really just a costume and not the true us.  Because really, we are an awesome blue monster underneath that red devil suit.

4 comments:

  1. ha ha - how did you come up with those little guys at the top. I do like your new look but then again I also liked your old look and it didn't strike me as cold, hard, cruel and depressing at all. But I'm all for change. Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You have inspired me to try something 'new'. Knowing my indecisive talents, it may be awhile yet. I love the words about the monster in costume. Your mind makes my mind happy, calm and thoughtful. Welcome to Spring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it too! It's like the little bird in the top right singing out a little love song. :)

    ReplyDelete