Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Bathroom Sink

The bathroom sink.

Did I mention it has a clog?  Yes - it stopped draining well a few weeks ago.  And after two applications of liquid plumber, it still backs up regularly.

Me and home appliances and repairs.  We have such a great time together.

I mentioned this to Gloria, my now friend who owns this house and who lives below.  This morning we spent some time trying to unclog it.

When us two get together to try to do any "around-the-house" stuff we usually get along just fine and figure things out.  It's fun and I like to learn about this type of stuff.  But sometimes you just need a man around.  There is a third tenant to this house.  He is male.  But...not the man a woman needs when her sinks are clogged and the dishwasher is broken and the pipes are frozen, or the snowblower won't start.  He just resides and is.  That's about it.

This time we were not successful in our Saturday morning fix-it's!  In fact - we made it worse!  Lol.  Now the sink is full of standing, dirty water and won't drain a bit.  Before it took only a couple of minutes to drain.  We tried plunging it.  Worse.  We tried unscrewing the pipes (Kim, did you get my voicemail?).  Worse.

Eh, we'll get it figured out one of these near days.

I am very grateful I am friends and live in the same house as Gloria.  She makes me feel like I don't live alone.  We like to keep tabs on each other.  It's always nice when someone wants you to know where they are at.  It makes you feel needed and wanted.  Yes, I am glad we are friends. 


6 comments:

  1. When are you headed out to Tennessee? We have wonderful gardens and stuff out here. You can check the place out and stay at our house. We have lots of bedrooms and all the plumbing is working. (Cross fingers now). And if Knox doesn't have enough, Nashville is loaded with interesting gardens. The Opry Hotel has a maze of indoor gardens. We even have a spare car. :) Come on down, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gloria is great! You are great! You make a GREAT team. Don't start a plumbing business together however.

    xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have Gloria and Gloria has you, clogged sinks and all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a problem with my older toilet- found it was the little hole at the front of the bowl- I took a screwdriver and cleaned out a bunch of hard water build-up and the toilet worked amazingly well!

    ReplyDelete