Friday, January 08, 2010

This Place

I have a certain affinity for where I live.  And I feel that where I live, has a certain affinity for me.  Thus, we strive to treat each other very well.

There's a warmth, a love and a heart in this house.  I feel it everyday.  And as I have had many hours, from dawn until dusk - and into the late hours of darkness - to sit and to be in this house (which sometimes I refer to as a dream), I feel we have established a certain bond, and this bond is cherished and honored by both parties.

This place...


...this place is a space in the world where time is freedom.


Where dreams sail out on distant seas...


...and distant lands seem ever so near.


A place where gold and silver both belong,
one not being better than the other.


And where the effects of light and shadow are studied - both on the surface of these walls and on the chambers of my soul.


It's a place where the imagination ignites, where it is never childish to believe in the unseen.


Where life and energy are ever present...


...and where new worlds are waiting to be explored and discovered.


A place where ambitions are chased after...


...and where a wall waits for a painting.


I feel secure and safe here - it's a refuge from this sometimes turbulent and shifting world,


where I am learning to Forever Rely On God...


...and where love encircles hope.

4 comments:

  1. I will go to bed tonight with a peaceful smile just thinking about this post and pictures. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your post Lorien - beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful and rejuvenating place or places to be

    ReplyDelete
  4. Living in such a place, I can't see how you ever leave the house.

    ReplyDelete