Thursday, May 08, 2008

TeaRS

The Soul Would Have No Rainbow If The Eyes Had No Tears
~From My Blank Page Book


I have been thinking about tears lately.

While growing up I was known for my tears that were the result of laughing too hard. Those who know me the best know these tears. Sometimes I'd just think of something so hilarious (or tell my ridiculous 2nd grade fat man joke) and start laughing uncontrollably until I was completely exhausted from crying so hard.

I think those were the only tears I cried then. Then I grew up.

Now I might be better known for my tears of sadness. The past few years I have cried more than all those 20+ years put together! Especially nowadays. As I fall asleep - I cry, as I talk on the phone to my sister about road bikes - I cry, as I wander around my apartment cleaning - I cry!

Emotional tears are healthy they say. They relieve stress, balance hormones, repair us emotionally...they really should consider adding it to the list of "The top ten ways to live a healthy life."


2 comments:

  1. Funny. I've been thinking about tears, too. I had to get into my twenties before I cried much. And now, occasionally, I bawl.

    It's a good thing. It helps things work out.

    (Add tears to the list of clean lines and the LOTR.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most prolific crying jag came in my early 50's. I guess it's never too late.

    ReplyDelete