Thursday, May 29, 2008


Cannon Beach reminds me of Porto de Galinhas in Pernambuco, Brazil. The layout is very similar with the small, eclectic shops and restaurants with roads leading right up to the beach front. I love the style. The biggest difference, besides food and language, is water temperature. Oregon = cold water, Pernambuco = warm water. Ahhh to warm water. Any and all of you would LOVE Porto de Galinhas! And I am always delighted to be a guide.

Back to Cannon Beach.

So Natalie and I spent our last morning at CB flying a kite, skipping the shoreline, gathering stones, and whatnot. Before we left we walked around the small shops with their hidden courtyards - in search of a fruit smoothie. What we found was a delightful cafe! It's owned by an artist, therefore the interior is awesome! - Hues of golds and reds with neat painting techniques. It's just one of those places you want to stay and sit awhile...it even had a table with chess set up - one bishop missing...sorry white.

My favorite part were the little army men found on top of the door frames, picture frames - and other places. One by one, they appeared, until you noticed that you were indeed...surrounded! It was captivating and reminded me of my younger brothers at Christmastime. It's not unusual to find army men within the boughs of the Christmas tree, or riding the camels in the Nativity scene, or up on the mantel.

I love green army men.

1 comment:

  1. That is so funny! What a cool thing to do in a cafe.

    Bethany

    ReplyDelete