Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Being Home

I am trying to be home.  Trying to be back here, while trying not to come back to many of the things I left behind.

I haven't had the physical or emotional energy to unpack yet.  My suitcase is sitting on the floor in the front room open - and the smell of Japan has clung to my clothes like I am clinging to the memories of the past three weeks.  Like lovers - not wanting to be separated - refusing the fact that they are.

I have been eating most of my meals with chopsticks.  Salads are so much more pleasantly eaten that way.  Such a fan.

Well - time to unpack, clean, sing and get happy.

2 comments:

  1. Your last line is a wonderful recipe for anyone

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to come back from a place you love. Fortunately we can carry part of that place with us.

    ReplyDelete