Sunday, September 06, 2009

My Office

Special Hazard Information: Laser Energy is PRESENT

Protective Equipment Needed:

Apron (awesome),
Eye Goggles (even more awesome),
Gloves (that tops it all off)


When I first was introduced to my office I felt a little like Ainsley Hayes from the West Wing, when she was first introduced to her office. Really I have a much better set up than Ainsley had - I don't have to walk down so many flights of stairs only to get to a room full of pipes and whatnot...BUT I do have a sign on the front of my basement office door that made me question the safety of my surroundings and that reminded me that I need a new apron. And safety goggles.

And gloves.

I had my first teaching experience last Thursday, which went fairly well. I would think that the first day of class would always be the easiest. We shall see how it goes from here and if I make it through the semester. Of course - if I disappear randomly and never come back... it's probably due to the hazardous laser energy that is penetrating my body.... slowly decaying ... and causing holes in all of my organs (starting with my spleen I am sure), turning my blood a weird green, and other unmentionable events that I shall not name, and not because I couldn't handle the stress of teaching a college class and being responsible in some small part for these students future.

I probably better go get that apron.

2 comments:

  1. I have been checking your blog every once in a while hoping that you would return...and here you are! So glad that you are back and glad that you have had a good 8 months! I am sure that you are and will be a GREAT teacher. I do hope that your blood doesn't turn green any time soon. That really isn't a good sign! Maybe you should ask for a new office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! That's great. You will end up looking like a mad scientist.

    ReplyDelete