Saturday, August 27, 2011

This past week


Going backwards: today has been a very anti-productive day.  Sometimes my body and brain disintegrate and I become rather useless.  After getting back from a night on the Salt Flats...I pretty much became confined to that mode all day and I don't think I took enough Advil this evening.

But the sunrise was amazing.

Friday I had a successful meeting with some Clients - for which I had stayed up until 2:30 the night before preparing.  And with having to wake at six for the meeting....no wonder I turned comatose today.  Although I have been pretty drained this whole week.  Wednesday evening I was so exhausted from the first half of the weeks work events that I went to bed at 8:30 (yeah, yeah - I know you mothers are saying what a luxury I have at being able to go to bed at 8:30).

I am so worn and exhausted - I wonder what vitamin or mineral I am missing.  What it would be like to regularly have energy and a focused mind.  My elbows and knees hurt.  My head.  Sometimes I am just in pain.  And it's tiring.  I have been wanting to drive out to San Francisco to see some gardens - then up the coast to the Redwoods and back to Utah.  But today I was wondering how successful and viable a trip like that would be going alone...this tired business does not make me a good long distance driver, especially if I am solo.  I would probably come back addicted to caffeine.

Monday I rode my friends Ducati for a little bit and realized the Royal Enfield I have had my eyes on for awhile is not the bike I am looking for.  Up into the streets of the Avenues I went. Riding along 11th was awesomely satisfying as the views out over the valley are really great.  I was smiling big the entire time.  I felt great and the bike felt good.  And that was probably the highlight of this week.


My friend has this bike, but in red.  I would love a white one: Ducati Monster 696.

3 comments:

  1. I do not begrudge you your 8:30 bedtime. I think you should do it more often. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of the 'flats' look like a lunar moon landing. I think for many of us, we never get enough sleep, but I think sleep is boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MrDaveyGie - being on the flats is like being on another planet. And when that the first thing you see when you wake up - wow.

    ReplyDelete