Thursday, August 11, 2011

Here's the thing

I just finished pouring 64 ounces of epoxy and polyester resin - and now I have in-fumed my living quarters.  It's 10:35 p.m. and I have a long work day tomorrow.  I need my sleep.  I might just have to park it outside and my bathtub just clogged.  I really needed to take that shower.

Well.

I am a happy person.  Sometimes I get worn down.  Sometimes I cry.  Stressed, yes.  But I am a happy person.  I have a work acquaintance who, whenever I ask how he is doing, is never great - or well.  He's always 'hanging in there.'  I know that feeling...just getting by, barely making it, go go go, etc.  But even when I am short of breath and brains due to life circumstances, I am still happy about life and what causes my shortness of breath and brains.  So to always just be getting by, and not really enjoying it - seems like a sad thing.  Maybe it's not always like that for him, maybe it's just like that whenever I call.  Huh.

Well.

I have been enjoying The Lorflor Project and am endlessly grateful for everyone who is participating.  I can't decide which is more stressful - creating the painting or choosing a title.

Choosing a title.

Most definitely.

Speaking of a good nights rest.  I have had my Japanese bed for over a week now.  Oh yes I need to post pics - I should have taken them while it was still functioning as a true-er Japanese bed though.  But now my American queen mattress is on the awesome frame while the tatami mats are against the wall, hopefully all cool-like.  I love the smell of tatami.  I did sleep on the futon on the tatami for a week - but I woke with slight headaches.  I think I was too close to the floor.  So I substituted out the mats and futon for the good old mattress and woke with no headache at all.  So - I might have to save the romantic idea of sleeping on tatami until I return to Japan.  I love the smell of tatami.  I love the feel of tatami.  See that's the thing - to reach out while you are falling asleep and run your fingers across the woven rush is a magical experience.  Bummer.  Maybe I'll try it again in a week.

Maybe they make little tatami squares that I could just keep next to me while I sleep.  Like a blankey.

Well, this resin odor is really starting to get to me.  So wish me luck in finding a place to dream. 


No comments:

Post a Comment