Thursday, May 19, 2011

Not quite a senior citizen.

He was two bar stools down when he gave his friend a note to give to me.

"Is this a note?"

"I don't know."

I open the twice folded sushi menu: "Can I buy you lunch Monday?"  ~ Steve, # included.

Uhhhh........my track record for 50+ year old men is on the rise if I say yes.  I wasn't sure what to do - so I re-folded the paper and let it sit there while I continued to enjoy my tuna tataki.  And then we all finished our lunches, and our conversations about Japan and flying and gardens and not working 9-5.  I still wasn't sure what to say in response to the note - so I didn't say anything.  He winked.  Hmmmm.  They walked out, then I walked out....then we were all in the parking lot - I said see you later and left.

I am still not sure what I am going to do.  What do men over 50 want anyway with me - who is 30?  I probably should be sticking to the 40 and under crowd.  And some people would say 40 is pushing it.  But it's a lunch, a simple lunch - and it would be free (uh, I think I meant fun).  But what if he asks again?  Or wants to take me flying?  Then you have to have that conversation...

****

Before leaving the sushi counter I left a note with the sushi chef, Akira, to give to Kuro, Tony and Toshi - my friends whom I meet up with for lunch occasionally on Saturdays.

They are all over 50.

5 comments:

  1. Did you leave three boxes to check? Yes. No. Maybe. :) Stop being so adult. I bet if you had lunch at Carl's Jr. every Saturday, no one would ask you to lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. Ahhhhh, that is so funny. ? Yeah, I think someone a bit younger sounds like the better fit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will take council with all my 50ish comrades and get back to you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I love the old men loving on you Lorien. You are just irresistible.

    ReplyDelete