Tuesday, January 18, 2011

why not

let's try writing out a blog post.  why not.

1.  within a period of 20 minutes i went from just-back-from-the-gym-and-feeling-great to sick in bed.  maybe it was germs from the gym that got me.

2.  i am cooking a whole chicken in a crockpot.  just cut up some onion, mixed some spices and threw in the bird.  homemade chicken broth sound good for my sore throat.  don't know what i am going to do with the rest of the bird.

3.  i am into my third week of teaching at BYU.  and i feel like i am finally starting to get a grip on things.

4.  i have loved every single day in January - the cold, the snow, the sun, the rain....all good in my book.  i am learning to embrace these cold nothing months - however I am a little leery of upcoming february.

5.  as of the 11th of this month i turned thirty.  and as of the eleventh, my brother turned 19.  we share a birthday.  I am so happy to be 30.  what's the big deal?  so much better than the overrated 20's.  enjoy the 20's while you're in them, sure, it's just that once you're beyond them, you realize you are still breathing and it's better up here anyway.

i think 5 items is enough to blog about for now.... 

5 comments:

  1. I agree. Aging is workable. Less worries, less regrets and make-up makes no sense - except for lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister, Dawn, wrote me and said LorFlor is back. Lo and behold.
    I wrote her back and said,
    "O, dear, I will have to check, I live a curious, a.k.a nosey vicarious life."
    Dawn replied back, "ditto"

    It was nice to hear from you again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad you're having a good month in january with the weather. hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm most curious about the transitionary decades between 40 and 60. I wonder what it will be like to look in the mirror - will I notice the subtle changes as I get older or will I only be able to see it when I look at old pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha Rosie Riot. I am almost finished with the transitionary decades between 40 and 60. The answer to the above either/or is both. You notice the changes but old pictures can be shocking. I'm glad you are back too LorFlor though I'm slow in finding it out.

    ReplyDelete