Thursday, September 29, 2011

Nightfall Advances

It's hard to cut off the arm to save the body.  It would be preferable to just keep the arm really.  Was it necessary, I wish not.

End of September arrives and the sun is leaving us earlier than ever before and I am quieted by this.  Less daylight to live by, but it reminds me that time is precious and better to make it an asset than a liability. 

It's good to have big dreams.  People without dreams, well - I feel sorry for them.  But are there really people out there who don't have them?  I think everyone does - some people just maybe don't know it?  As a teacher (Jan-Apr) I ask my students about their dream jobs.  Some people light up with delightful answers and a hope.  Others seem directionless and too realistic....but what's realistic about being realistic sometimes?  These individuals may have a dream, but figure it will never happen so they don't smile big about it.  Well, all I have to say is if someone out there is doing what their dream is, why not them?

And what makes a guy, walking down the street - walk with folded arms the entire way?  There must be some psychological reason behind it.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter who over the last couple of years has immersed herself into marathon competition has a poster that says, "If your dreams don't scare you, they are not big enough"

    As for the guy with the arms crossed the body language folks would say self-confidence and arrogance

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I like the poster quote - thanks for sharing! Crossed arms....wouldn't it say the opposite?

    ReplyDelete